We carefully craft product solutions that satisfy three priorities:
Desirability considers the human element. From this perspective we ask why people would want this product and how they might use it. We consider the relationships between the product and the people it affects and the environment in which it will live.
Viability considers the stakeholders and context in which the product will live. From this perspective we consider the economics around the product and ensure a fit with the business model and the price point to ensure the product financially makes sense.
Feasibility considers the engineering requirements and constraints for the product. From this perspective we examine how this product could function and be produced by utilizing engineering principles and technology.
We strongly believe in prototyping to test and validate proposed solutions. We utilize many types of prototypes throughout the design process depending on what information we need to extract from the testing. We heavily rely on CAD to work out the design details and strive to keep continuous dialog with representatives of each stakeholder throughout the process.
We use an iterative design process to balance the three over-arching considerations, generally following the process outlined below:
- Product Formulation – Create product brief and specification sheet through research and dialog with client.
- Initial Product Ideation – Generate many ideas and concepts for the product through sketching and model making.
- Initial Review – Parse down potential solutions and choose which concepts to develop further.
- Concept Development – Build more robust concepts around the selected potential solutions begin testing through prototyping.
- Concept Review – Determine the product solution to work through production.
- Engineering – Work through engineering details to ensure that the product will work and can be produced within budget.
- Product Launch – Build production prototype and prepare documentation required for product manufacturing and launch.